Friday, June 27, 2008

Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires is pretty cool. Not much to see for sight seeing in my opinion but plenty to do and the people are friendly. Last night I went with my US friends from the hostel and we went for a tango experience. Also met another IBMer from the UK at the hostel and he came along too. The odds of meeting another IBMer in a random country like Argentina are about 0.0058% (388,000 / 6,704,845,726) unless the maths is more complicated. Probably is because to be in the same country, staying at the same hostel at the same time is pretty random.

Here's a few shots of Buenos Aires.

The tango experience was organised by the hostel and the whole night costed about 90 pesos (40 NZD). First up we tried a few local red wines. Then we took a shuttle to some 5 star hotel for a tango lesson. Then went to dinner and had pizza. Pizza over here practically consists of just cheese. After that we went to a tango place and practiced what we learned. They also put on a few tango shows by the pros so it was a pretty cool night. We came back about 3am so I didn´t get much sleep last night as I had to check out by 11am.

I´m flying home at about 8pm but it´s been a very enjoyable trip.

No comments: